Deep into the details
Our Analytics department is an essential element in the development of new products. It supports the monitoring of coating parameters and thereby helps to set, maintain and monitor fine chemical equilibria. This also applies to monitoring chemical parameters in our WHW production. The Analytics department is equipped with both staff and machines to optimise and further develop measurement methods. We work with new analytical concepts for the entire production process in the CIT.
Further fields of activity are the evaluation and implementation of new analytical techniques as well as the development and validation of new analytical methods. Another field of activity which is strongly growing is the introduction and supervision of online process analytics.
The most important analytical techniques used are potentiometric titration, atom absorption spectroscopy (AAS), UV-VIS spectroscopy, and chromatography (HPLC, IC). In addition, physical parameters are determined and practical tests performed. Cyclic voltametry (CVS) is used to analyse additives in printed circuit board chemistry.
- Titration: Determination of acids and bases (hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acid, sodium hydroxide)
- AAS: Determination of cations (zinc, nickel, chromium, iron, cobalt)
- HPLC: Determination of organic additives (brightener, wetting agents, complexing agents, inhibitors)
- IC: Determination of anions (chloride, fluoride, nitrate, phosphate, sulphate)
- Physical parameters: pH value, conductivity, density, refractive index, solids, viscosity
- Practical tests: Thermal aging, thermal shock, leaching test for Cr-VI freedom